Ukrainian Creamy Bean Soup Recipe
Hello everybody and welcome! This is a Ukrainian bean soup recipe. Now I am going to guide you step by step on how to cook this simple, creamy soup. Make yourself at home and enjoy!Before we start:
Beans are a very popular kind of food, especially among vegetarians. Vegetarians are people who do not eat meat. However, eliminating this food from the diet means eliminating one of biggest sources of protein.
As we all need protein for healthy body functioning, it is important for vegetarians to get it from other sources rather than meat. Dairy products, whole grains, seeds and beans are probably the most common alternatives.
Beans come in many forms and types but I don't want to go too deep into that. I think Wikipedia is a great source if you want to find more information about beans.
All the varieties of beans have different trace minerals and vitamins in them. However, there are major qualities that they all have in common.
Beans are very rich in fiber, including soluble fiber. Fiber helps to mantain healthy digestive system and lower cholesterol levels in the blood.
As I have mentioned, beans are a good source of protein as well as folic acid (vit. B9) and iron.
Beans can be eaten raw but scientists say that it is better to cook them to ensure that some of the toxins are destroyed by the high temperature.
So I decided to share with you this Ukrainian bean soup recipe. It is a simple way of turning beans into a tasty dish. This recipe is one of my family's traditional ones. My mother has cooked this soup for me since I was a small child.
It is healthy, tasty and quite filling as well. It will keep you going for a long time. It is as simple as beans, sour cream, and a few spices. These are the main ingredients.
It is another Ukrainian dish that you can try now. Ukrainian cooking culture says - ''keep it natural and simple and you will enjoy the taste as well''. I hope that you will like this bean soup recipe.
Now is time for cooking. Are you ready? Let's get started!
Remember to send love to every single ingredient while cooking. By sending love to the food, you will receive love back as well. As a result, the food will become more tasty and healthier for you! Simple but it is true!
So keep a smile on your face while cooking and enjoy the process!
- 400g of frozen immature beans
- 2L of water
- 2 tbsp of wholemeal flour
- 75 ml of water
- sour cream
- mixed spices e.g. Herbamare Original Season Salt
- pressure cooker
- Pour 2 liters of water into a pressure cooker and add 400-500 grams of frozen immature beans. (If you buy frozen beans not the ones in the packs then they will be immature) Cook in the pressure cooker for 1 hour on medium heat.
After that, take off the lid from the pressure cooker and keep cooking. Add some mixed spices (natural, no MSG) and mix well. Keep cooking.
- In a 500ml jar, mix 2 tablespoons of wholemeal flour with 75 ml of cold water until even. You should get a paste of cream-like consistency. Fill the rest of the jar with sour cream, up to the top. Mix everything well.
- Pour the formed cream into the soup. Mix everything well. The soup should obtain brown colour. Keep cooking on medium heat for 7-8 minutes. From the moment when the soup starts boiling, cook for another 1-2 minutes. When it's ready add some salt and mix well.
- Serve the soup either hot or cold with a nice slice of bread or just on its own.
- Enjoy your meal and bon appetit! Send love to the soup and feel the pleasure! Thank you!
Return From Ukrainian Bean Soup Recipe To Healthy Vegetarian Recipes
Return From Ukrainian Bean Soup Recipe To Home Page