Ukrainian Beetroot Salad
Hello everybody and welcome! This is a recipe of Ukrainian beetroot salad. Now I am going to guide you step by step on how to make this simple, nutritious salad. Make yourself at home and enjoy!Before we start:
Beetroot is a vegetable that is not as common in people's diet as tomatoes, cucumbers or celery. It is more commonly used to feed animals and often its qualities are overlooked.
Whether you like it or not, or maybe you love it, beetroot has a high nutritional value and is very beneficial for your health. I really think that you should incorporate it into your diet to add more variety because variety means health!
Eating beetroot on its own e.g. boiled may not seem very tasty for many of you. For that reason, I decided to share with you this beetroot salad recipe. So that you can not only eat this supervergetable but also enjoy it.
Hang on, you might think why I call it a supervegetable? Well, here is why:beetroots are high in folic acid (vit. B9), vitamin B6, manganese, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, fiberbetacyanin - the pigment that gives beetroot its color, is a powerful antioxidantlowers cholesterollowers blood pressurehelps to prevent cardiovascular diseaseimproves liver functioninghelps to prevent cancer
I hope that now you are even more keen to try this Ukrainian beetroot salad, right? :)
By the way, I would like you to know that every kind of vegetable is a supervegetable because of its unique beneficial properties. I am just trying to highlight the fact that the beetroot is a supervegetable as well because many people just never eat it.
What about the actual recipe? Well, it is simple, as usually, yet very original and tasty. I call it a Ukrainian beetroot salad because it is very popular in the Western part of Ukraine (where I come from). It has been traditionally eaten on Easter for many years as well as on casual days simply as a salad.
Personally, I love it very much and, mostly, because of the secret ingredient - the horseradish. Oh yes, the horseradish. These two vegetables are both roots and both are very healthy.
Honestly, without adding the horseradish, I don't really like eating beetroot. Add some salt, vinegar and a bit of sugar and you have got the recipe.
So are you excited and ready for the cooking? Let's start then!
Remember to send love to every single ingredient while cooking. By sending love to the food, you will receive love back as well. As a result, the food will become more tasty and healthier for you! Simple but it is true!
So keep a smile on your face while cooking and enjoy the process!
- 3 beetroots
- 3 tbsp of grated horseradish
- 1 tbsp of vinegar
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- Take 3 beetroots and wash them. Put them into a big, deep bowl and pour some water into it so that the beetroots are completely covered with water. Boil the beetroots for approximately 1 hour on medium heat. Poke them with a knife, if it goes through easily and you can feel that it's soft - the beetroots are ready.
- Peel the beetroots and grate them finely into an empty bowl.
- Add 3 tablespoons of finely grated horseradish, 1 tablespoon of vinegar, 1 tablespoon of sugar and some salt.
Note: You can buy some horseradish and grate it yourself very finely or buy an already grated one (if you can find it and also without any additives!).
- Mix everything well until even. Put it into a fridge for a while to let it cool down. Serve as a salad with main meals or enjoy it with a slice of bread or even on its own.
- Enjoy your meal and bon appetit! Send love to the food while eating and enjoy every mouthful! Thank you!
Return From Beetroot Salad To Healthy Vegetarian Recipes
Return From Beetroot Salad To Home Page