Sour Cherry Cake Recipe
Hello everybody and welcome! This is a sour cherry cake recipe. Now I am going to guide you step by step on how to make this simple and delicious cake. Make yourself at home and enjoy!Before we start:
Sour cherries is a species of common cherries. The only real difference is the taste. Well, as the name suggests, sour cherries are more sour. This is due to the higher acidity levels.
Sour cherries are most popular in Europe and Asia. Some people don't eat this fruit raw and on its own because they think it's too sour for them.
Personally, I think that if sour cherries are completely ripe they are not sour at all. I would say that they are more sort of sweet and sour.
Cherries, on the other hand, are just sweet and it sometimes gets too boring, especially if you add them to a cake that is already sweet. Sour cherries combine both sourness and sweetness, which makes them more original.
You can also eat more of sour cherries than plain cherries. This is because the acids in the sour cherries help your stomach to digest the fruit.
When you add sour cherries into something sweet such as a cake, the combination is great. Again, the cake becomes not purely sweet but rather with a hint of pleasant sourness which balances the flavours.
Sour cherries, as any other fruit, are very good for you. Here is some nutritional information. Sour cherries are:
- a good source of fast-absorbing carbohydrates
- a good source of fiber
- high in vitamin A (26% of RDA)
- high in vitamin C (17% of RDA)
- contain some B vitamins, Potassium, Copper, Manganese
As any other natural food, sour cherries are worth including in your diet to ensure the right balance of nutrients.
This sour cherry cake recipe is one way in which you can add sour cherries into your diet. It is a simple recipe that makes a wet, flavourful cake, making it a good dessert that can last for a long time.
One of my mother's friends shared this sour cherry cake recipe with her. We tried it and it was great. Now you can try it yourself. By the way, you can substitute sour cherries with other fruit such as apricots, blackberries etc.
Are you ready for the recipe? Let's get started then!
Remember to send love to every single ingredient while cooking. By sending love to the food, you will receive love back as well. As a result, the food will become more tasty and healthier for you! Simple but it is true!
So keep a smile on your face while cooking and enjoy the process!
- 400g of stoned sour cherries
- 150g of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100g of butter
- 100ml of milk
- 200g of wheatflour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- Take some sour cherries and stone them into a small bowl until you get about 400 grams of them. Set them aside. Preheat an oven at 190 degrees.
- Put 2 eggs, 150 grams of sugar and 100 grams of butter into a mixing bowl. Use a mixer to mix the ingredients well until you get a smooth, even structure.
- Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda into the mixture you just made. Before adding the baking soda pour a little bit of vinegar on it so that bubbles appear.
Add 200 grams of wheatflour into the mixture and mix everything with a wooden spoon until you get an even mixture.
- Pour 100ml of milk into the bowl with the dough and mix everything well. Pour bit by bit and mix after each pouring. The key is to get a dough which has a structure of thick cream. Therefore, you may need a little bit less or more milk. You will see.
- Take a baking dish (about 20x30cm) and cover it with baking paper. Pour the dough into the dish and spread evenly with the spoon. Sprinkle the sour cherries evenly on top of the dough. Put into the preheated oven and bake at 190 degrees for 30 minutes. The cake should get a golden-brownish crust.
- Take the cake out and let it cool down. It tastes great with a cup of milk or you can enjoy it on its own.
- Enjoy your dessert! Send love to the food and feel the pleasure! Thank you!
Return From Sour Cherry Cake Recipe To Healthy Dessert Recipes
Return From Sour Cherry Cake Recipe To Home Page