Roasted Broccoli Recipe
In Parmesan Cream Sauce
Hello everybody and welcome! This is a recipe of roasted broccoli in creamy parmesan sauce. Now I am going to guide you step by step on how to cook this simple, nutritious dish. Make yourself at home and enjoy!Before we start:
Broccoli is one of those vegetables that wasn't very popular in the past days. However, today it is gaining very high popularity. No matter whether you search in Google 'most nutritious foods'
or 'top healthiest foods'
you always get broccoli in those lists.
What's so good about broccoli?
- First of all, it is a great source of vitamin C - the great immune booster. Just 100 grams of this vegetable give you 89.2 mg of vitamin C - 149% of RDI. In fact, it is one of the highest vitamin C sources!
- Secondly, it contains a lot of chemicals which have stong anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-cancer activity. For this reason it is recommended to consume broccoli on a regular basis.
- Finally, it is a great alkilizing food. This means that it has a beneficial effect on the internal environment of your body.
Eating raw broccoli, even though good for you, is not suitable for everyone. For this reason I wanted to share with you this recipe of roasted broccoli. It gives the vegetable a better taste especially combined with the sauce.
We are going to roast broccoli with a sauce made of sour cream, whipping cream and water and top that with parmesan cheese.In this recipe we will not boil the broccoli before roasting it. This way more of the beneficial qualities of broccoli are preserved.
As for the dish itself, it is my favourite vegetarian dishes and I often prefer it to some appetizing meat dishes etc.
My family introduced broccoli to our diet not a long time ago but it quickly became a 'necessary' part of our diet.
I certainly recommend it to you and I hope that you will like it the way we cook it with this recipe. Are you ready? Let's get started!
Remember to send love to every single ingredient while cooking. By sending love to the food, you will receive love back as well. As a result, the food will become more tasty and healthier for you! Simple but it is true!
So keep a smile on your face while cooking and enjoy the process!
- 1 whole broccoli
- 1 cup (250 ml) of sour cream
- 1 cup of whipping cream
- 1 cup of water
- parmesan cheese
- Take 1 whole broccoli and wash it under a tap. Put it on a cutting board and cut into middle-sized pieces, so that it will be comfortable for you to eat them. Put the broccoli into a baking dish and spread evenly.
- In a jar, mix 1 cup of sour cream, 1 cup of whipping cream and 1 cup of water. Pour the liquid over the broccoli into the baking dish. The broccoli should be covered with the liquid as much as possible so that it can get cooked properly. Grate some parmesan cheese on top.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 245 degrees celsius for 1 hour 20 minutes. You should see the broccoli boiling in the sauce (some bubbles will appear). When it gets a sort of brownish crust - it's ready. Take it out of the oven.
- While it is still hot, put some broccoli on a plate or in a small bowl and use a spoon to eat the broccoli together with the delicious cream sauce.
- Enjoy your meal and bon appetit! Feel the pleasure and be happy! Thank you!
Return From Roasted Broccoli To Healthy Vegetarian Recipes
Return From Roasted Broccoli To Home Page