American Roasted Potato Recipe
Hello everybody and welcome! This is an American roasted potato recipe. Now I am going to guide you step by step on how to cook this healthy dish. Make yourself at home and enjoy!Before we start:
Potato is one of the most popular side dishes in the world. According to the records, potatoes originated in southern Peru.
There are thousands of varieties of potatoes. Each of them is different in some way e.g. the amount of a certain vitamin or mineral, the amount of starch, resistance to bugs etc.However, the underlying taste and the use are the same.
Potatoes are now eaten by people all over the world. They come in many forms and shapes. Fried potatoes, French fries, chips, baked, roasted, steamed, grilled... The types can go on and on, thanks to our limitless imagination.
One of such recipes is an American roasted potato recipe. This is basically potato cut into four pieces, marinated in spices and oil and baked in an oven. It can also be grilled.
How I found out about this recipe? Well, to be honest I have never heard of it before. One day, when I came to my father's house, we decided to make a nice dinner.
As a side dish we chose potatoes. My dad suggested to make an American-style potato. I had no clue what it was. It appeared that all he knew was that you have to cut the potato into four pieces and bake it, that's all.
I took the idea and developed it a bit more by deciding to marinate the potatoes. And it appeared to be pretty good. Although, the first time I made it I didn't marinate the potatoes.
Instead, I rubbed all the spices on each piece of potato. This didn't work very well and the potato was a bit dry, even though tasty. The second time I made the marinade and it was much better.
So this is the history of the development of the American roasted potato recipe you are about to try in a second. I hope you are excited by now and want to start.
It is a very simple recipe and I hope that you will enjoy it. This is another way to cook the amazing vegetable called potato. It will add some variety to your diet and encourage you to cook and eat at home rather than eat out.
Ok, let's get started now!
Remember to send love to every single ingredient while cooking. By sending love to the food, you will receive love back as well. As a result, the food will become more tasty and healthier for you! Simple but it is true!
So keep a smile on your face while cooking and enjoy the process!
- 6 new potatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp of red pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt
- Wash 6 new potatoes (not the very small ones) and slice them into 4 pieces each. Slice into half first (lengthwise) and then each half into half again (lengthwise). Preheat an oven at 200 degrees.
- Put the potatoes into a bowl. Squeeze 2 cloves of garlic into the bowl, add 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp of red pepper powder, 1/2 tsp of black pepper and some sea salt. Pour 2 tbsp of olive oil into the bowl. Mix everything well. Cover a baking tray with parchment paper (baking paper) and set the marinated potato on the baking tray.
- Put the potato into the oven and roast for 35-45 minutes, depending on your oven. At the end, you can poke the potatoes with a knife - if the potato is soft, then it's ready. Take the potato out and enjoy it with some meat, mushrooms or even on its own.
- Enjoy your meal and bon appetit! Send love to your food and enjoy the moment! Thank you!
Return From American Roasted Potato Recipe To Healthy Vegetarian Recipes
Return From American Roasted Potato Recipe To Home Page