Sushi recipe - taste something different
Hello everybody and welcome! This is a sushi recipe. Now I am going to guide you step by step on how to cook this unique Japanese dish. Make yourself at home and enjoy!Before we start:
Sushi is a world-famous Japanese food which gained a lot of good reputation for being very special and very exotic. This is true!
It tastes very differently and I recommend it to everyone. It is certainly worth trying and it will add variety to your diet - variety is health!
In Western cultures we can taste this unique dish only in special restaurants and it also costs a lot. I would like to share with you the classic sushi recipe, my friends, so that you can eat it at home.
First time I tried sushi in my life was at home, thanks to my lovely mother. She found out how the classic sushi are made and prepared them for me. I fell in love with them when I tried the first piece!
I am sure that you will love them as well! Follow the recipe to cook sushi yourself at home, 100% natural. Excited? Let's start then!
Remember to send love to the food while making it! In return, you will receive love back as well! The food will become even more tasty and healthier!
So keep a smile on your face, think positively and enjoy!
- 1 cup of sushi rice
- rice vinegar (see alternative below)
- 3 pieces of nori
- powdered wasabi
- raw salmon
- pickled ginger
- soy sauce
- Pour 2 cups of water, preferably filtered water, in a bowl and put in on a stove on middle fire.
- Pour 1 cup of sushi rice into the water straightaway and let it cook for about 15-20 minutes. The rice will absorb the water and expand in volume. You will definitely notice that. It should also become sticky.
- While the rice is cooking, cut raw salmon into thin slices of the length of the nori so that it doesn’t stick out from the sides of the sushi roll later on.
- Prepare the wasabi sauce. If you already bought a wasabi paste then skip this step. However, I would recommend you to buy the powdered type as it is usually more natural and doesn’t have any additives.
If you bought powdered wasabi (I recommend it), then mix some powder with pure water. Pour the amount of wasabi you want in a small coffee cup and add water bit by bit, while mixing it thoroughly with a spoon. We want the wasabi powder to become a sticky paste rather than a runny paste.
- Now put a piece of nori on a bamboo mat. Each piece of nori has got one side which is more rough and the other side which is more smooth and shiny. You should put the nori with the shiny side facing upwards. Get a little bit of water on your hand and spread it all across the nori.
- Now, as the rice is ready and cooled down, add a little bit of rice vinegar into it and mix well. If you don’t have rice vinegar, then you can simply mix 1/2 teaspoon of salt with 1 teaspoon of sugar with water and squeezed lemon juice, and add this substance into the rice. Mix well.
Everything is now prepared for making the sushi roll. Oh yeah, also put a small bowl with water somewhere close to you so that you can soak your hands in it in order to clean your hands off the sticky rice.
- Take some rice with your hands and spread it evenly across the whole nori. Be generous with the amount of rice.
- Now spread some wasabi over the rice in three horizontal lines.
- Put the pieces of fish that you had prepared on the lines with wasabi.
- Make a roll of the nori by using the bamboo mat. Simply roll the mat and the sushi will roll as well. Make an even shape.
- Do the same with the remaining ingredients and put all the sushi rolls in the fridge for a while. They should be eaten cold.
- Take the sushi out of the fridge and use a wet knife to cut them into round pieces. Pour some soy sauce on your sushi and put some pickled ginger on top.
- Enjoy! Bon appetit! Send love to the food while eating! I hope you enjoyed the process in this sushi recipe! Thank you!
Return From Sushi Recipe To Asian Recipes
Return From Sushi Recipe To Home Page