Braised Veal Recipe with cumin
Hello everybody and welcome! This is a braised veal recipe. Now I am going to guide you step by step on how to cook this tasty dish. Make yourself at home and enjoy!Before we start:
Veal recipes are generally very light and the meat is soft. The same is true for this braised veal recipe. You can literally feel the pieces of meat melting in your mouth. Add the great taste and aroma of cumin and you will get an unbelievable experience.
What's important is that you not only satisfy your taste buds, but you also give a lot of nutrients to your body. This is obviously essential to your health.
Veal is a good source of protein. It is also very well absorbed by your body because the meat is less 'rough' as it comes from a young cow.
However, the thing that really gives this braised veal recipe its unique point is the cumin.
Cumin is a wonderfood and is very good for your digestive system. So when you eat veal with cumin it becomes even easier for youbody to digest the meat because of the special qualities of the spice.
Guess where this beautiful recipe came from?
Yes, it was created by my lovely mum.
Whenever we had some veal at home, I always asked her to make her original braised veal with cumin and this made her laugh. Even though, my mother is not a big fan of meat, she always eats this one when she makes some for me. It is truly amazing, I am serious...
I am sure that you will enjoy it. The only thing that may put you off a little bit is the cumin. I mean in case if you don't like its flavour.
Otherwise, bon appetit, as French say!
This braised veal recipe is very simple. But remember that 'natural and simple is the key formula for healthy eating and healthy life'.
Anyway, I hope you will enjoy it! Big thanks to my mother for teaching me this recipe and big thanks to you for wanting to try it!
Ok, let's start!
- 1 kg of veal
- sunflower oil
- olive oil
- cumin seeds
- Cut the meat into random-shaped pieces of medium thickness and similar size. 'Tenderize' them thoroughly with a kitchen hammer. (In other words, smack them with the kitchen hammer to make them softer.) Put the meat into a pan and start cooking on low heat for about 5-7 minutes.
- The meat will release its own 'juice' and the pieces that are at the bottom of the pan will change colour. At that point, swap the pieces on the top with the pieces on the bottom. Wait until those change colour as well.
- Now, pour in some sunflower oil, some olive oil and a little bit of water into the pan. Make sure that all the meat is covered with the liquid. Cover with a lid and cook for 25 minutes on low heat.
- Sprinkle some cumin seeds over the meat, while cooking. Add some more water and oil if needed i.e. if some of the pieces are not covered witht the liquid. Cook for 10-15 minutes more.
- Now that it's ready, put a few pieces of cumin veal on a plate and drip some tabasco sauce on top. It makes a perfect main course with buckwheat, any other garnish (except for chips) or just on its own.
- Enjoy your meal! Love the food, send love to it when you cook it and when you eat it! Be happy, stay healthy and live long! Thank you! See you in a while!
Return From Braised Veal Recipe To Healthy Meal Recipes
Return From Braised Veal Recipe To Home Page