Braised Chicken Legs Recipe
Hello everybody and welcome! This is a braised chicken legs recipe. Now I am going to guide you step by step on how to make this simple dish. Make yourself at home and enjoy!Before we start:
Chicken is the most common meat in the world due to the low cost of production. However, this is not the only reason. Chicken is also one of the most delicate meats. It is low in fat comparing to other meats such as pork. It is generally more tender than most meats as well.
Chicken is a great source of protein. More importantly, it provides lean protein i.e. with very little or no fat. This is especially true for the chicken breast. Parts such as legs contain a little bit more fat.
Lean protein is not only the building block for immune cells, hormones, enzymes etc. It also helps to lose weight for those with excess fat.
Furthermore, because chicken has lower levels of fat it has more positive effects on cholesterol levels.
This poultry is also rich in B-vitamins. They play an important role in energy conversion and production. Selenium and Phosphorus are also present in chicken meat.
As for the cooking, there are dozens of methods to cook this meat - grilling, boiling, frying...
Different cultures around the world use chicken in their cuisines. They use their culture-specific spices to give the dish a unique taste.
This chicken legs recipe is one of the ways you can cook this beautiful meat. It is simple and this is how my mother usually cooks chicken legs. Sometimes she bakes them as well.
In this recipe we will braise the meat i.e. we will cook it with water and oil on low heat. To add more colours to the meat we will braise it with the mighty spices - onion and garlic.
With this simplicity you get such a strong, saturated flavour. And this is important - keep the dishes simple, as close to the nature as possible.
Now let's get to the chicken legs recipe itself. Are you ready? Let's get started then!
Remember to send love to every single ingredient while cooking. By sending love to the food, you will receive love back as well. As a result, the food will become more tasty and healthier for you! Simple but it is true!
So keep a smile on your face while cooking and enjoy the process!
- 5 chicken legs (top part)
- 2 onions
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 50 ml of sunflower oil
- 50 ml of olive oil
- black pepper
- Unfreeze 5 chicken legs (if you use freezed) and soak them in water for about 30 minutes.
- Peel 2 onions and chop them up into small pieces.
- Cut the skin off the chicken legs. Put the meat into a bowl. Pour some water into the bowl to cover the meat completely. Cook on medium heat for 6-7 minutes to let all the dirt come off the meat. Pour the water out.
- Pour some fresh water into the bowl with meat so that the meat is covered completely. Add 50ml of sunflower oil and 50ml of olive oil. Add the chopped onion and 1 bay leaf.
Cover with a lid leaving little space for the steam to come out. Braise on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Peel 5 cloves of garlic and add them to the meat. Add some salt and black pepper to your taste. Cover with a lid again and continue cooking for 20 minutes on low heat.
- Serve hot with any kind of garnish. These chicken legs go well with buckwheat. (See our Ukrainian buckwheat recipe)
- Enjoy your meal and bon appetit! Send love to the food and feel the pleasure. Thank you!
Return From Braised Chicken Legs Recipe To Healthy Meal Recipes
Return From Braised Chicken Legs Recipe To Home Page