Ukrainian Cornmeal Porridge
Hello everybody and welcome! This is a cornmeal porridge recipe. Now I am going to guide you step by step on how to cook this beautiful, nutritious breakfast. Make yourself at home and enjoy!Before we start:
Most of us love to have a good breakfast in the morning to get us going for the rest of the day. Well, cereals are one of those foods that can help us do that.
While cornmeal porridge might be less popular than cereals such as oat porridge it is really worth including it in your diet. Its yellow colour lifts your mood up and its taste makes you even happier.
Moreover, your body is happy as well because of the high nutritional value of this dish. Furthermore, it will increase the variety of your diet which basically means health.
This way of making a maize porridge is the traditional way in Ukraine, the place where I come from. So if you ever wanted to try something "Ukrainian" it is a very good opportunity. It is easy and nice.
Are you ready? Let's get started!
Always remember to send love to the food you are cooking! Make it with your heart and you will experience the full benefits of that food. It will become healthier and even more tasty for you!
So smile while cooking and enjoy the process!
- 1L of water
- 5 tbsp of double cream
- parmesan cheese
- Pour 1 liter of cold water into a saucepan. Add 5 tablespoons of double cream, stir it well until the liquid turns milky.
- Put the saucepan on the stove on low heat. Wait until the liquid stars boiling.
- Start pouring in the cornmeal into the boiling liquid. Do it slowly and keep stirring the mixture at the same time. If you want the porridge to be thick, add more cornmeal and if you want it to be more runny, then add less of it.
While stirring, you will notice the milky liquid turning yellow and the substance will become thicker. When you have added enough cornmeal, keep it boiling for 2-3 minutes and then remove it from the fire.
- Add some salt and stir it well.
- While the porridge is still hot, pour it into a small bowl and grate some parmesan cheese onto it.
- Enjoy your breakfast! Love and be happy!
Return From Cornmeal Porridge To Healthy Breakfast Recipes
Return From Cornmeal Porridge To Home Page