Cottage Cheese Cake:
Hello everybody and welcome! This is a recipe of a cottage cheese cake. Now I am going to guide you step by step on how to cook this beautiful dessert. Make yourself at home and enjoy!Before we start:
This recipe of a cottage cheese cake is not a very easy one but it is worth it, I'm telling you.
I remember how my mother was telling me that she had a great recipe for a cottage cheese cake and that I would be simply knocked out by the taste of it.
She hasn't actually made it until one day when I said that I really wanted to try it. The process was great and I would say quite challenging for the first time.
When I made my first bite and looked at my mother, she smiled and asked me how was the taste. I am serious, I couldn't answer to her, so much was I enjoying the moment.
As we baked this cottage cheese cake for the first time the bottom part of the cake was slightly under-baked but we considered it and changed the baking time.
I am sure that you will love this cake as well. For some it may be a hard recipe, but don't worry. I'm always with you to help so it will be fine.
OK, are you ready? Let's do it then!
Remember the GOLDEN RULE: send love to every single ingredient while cooking! In return, you will receive love as well! The food will become more tasty and healthier!
So have a smile while cooking and enjoy the process as much as you can!
- 4 egg yolks
- 200g of butter (82.5% fat)
- 100g of sugar
- 3 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 250g of flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda + vinegar
- 5 tbsp of double cream
- 700 g of dry cottage cheese
- 150 of sugar
- 200g of butter (82.5% fat)
- 100g of semolina
- 4 egg whites
- Let’s start with the dough first. Take 4 eggs and separate the egg yolks from the egg whites. Put the egg whites into a fridge. Turn on the oven and set it for 200 degrees.
- Put the 4 egg yolks you have just separated into a bowl and add 200g of natural butter (about 82.5% fat), 100g of sugar and 3 tablespoons of pure cocoa powder (without any additives – if you read the ingredients on the pack of cocoa powder it should only say cocoa and nothing else) and mix it all well using a mixer.
- While the mixer is mixing, in a separate bowl, mix 250g of flour with 1 teaspoon of baking soda (before you add the baking soda just add a few drops of vinegar onto it; you should see bubbles appearing). Mix well so that there are no clots.
- Now stop the mixer and add the flour into the mixture and 5 tablespoons of double cream.
- Mix everything well and you will get a ball of brown dough.
- Add some more flour to it so that it doesn’t stick to your hands. Divide the ball into two halves. Roll out one half so that it is flat and fits the shape of the dish you chose to bake in.
Cover the dish with parchment paper and put the rolled dough onto it. Put the dough in the oven and bake it for about 15 minutes.
- While that half of the dough is baking let’s make our soft cottage cheese filling. Put about 700g of dry cottage cheese into a bowl; add 150g of sugar and 200g of natural butter (it is better if the butter is soft, so simply leave it in the kitchen for a while; it’s good to prepare the butter before yo start cooking).
Use a mixer to mix it well. While it is being mixed, slowly pour 100g of semolina into the mixture. Let everything mix thoroughly.
- While the mixer is mixing everything let’s prepare the egg whites. Take them out of the fridge and put them into a deep bowl.
Use a whisk (you can use a fork as well but it might not work so well) to mix the egg whites until they become stff and airy i.e. if you put the bowl upside down the egg whites will not fall on the floor.
- Now stop the mixer. Add the mixed egg whites into the cottage cheese mixture and mix them a just a little bit, very neatly with a big wooden spoon so that the egg whites do not change their structure.
It is important because the whole softness of the cream depends on these mixed egg whites so don’t rush and do it carefully.
- Now spread the whole cottage cheese filling onto the baked half of the dough. Spread the cream evenly.
- Roll out the other half of the dough to make the same shape as the first one. Put it onto the cream which you’ve just spread onto the baked dough. Put the whole cottage cheese cake in the preheated (at 200 degrees) oven and bake it for 25-30 minutes.
- Take the cottage cheese cake out of the oven and let it cool down.
- Take a piece and enjoy! As always have fun and be happy! Send love to your food and feel the pleasure!
Return From Cottage Cheese Cake to Healthy Dessert Recipes
Return From Cottage Cheese Cake to Home Page