Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Hello everybody and welcome! This is a recipe of creamy mushroom sauce. Now I am going to guide you step by step on how to cook this beautiful sauce. Make yourself at home and enjoy!Before we start:
Mushrooms are a great source of protein. They can also be a good alternative for meat if you are a vegetarian.
In the recent years, mushrooms gained a big popularity in different cuisines around the world.
In my family, mushrooms have been a 'big' thing for a long time.The creamy mushroom sauce was one of our most popular dishes made out of mushrooms. My mother has always made and makes this sauce for me and we usually eat it with the traditional Ukrainian dish called "kremzliki'.
If you would like to try this perfect combination of creamy mushroom sauce and 'kremzliki' click on the link Ukrainian food kremzliki to go the recipe of the dish.
That is just my suggestion, but I think you should try it.
As for the actual creamy mushroom sauce, well it's simle. Just a few ingredients which you can get easily in most supermarkets.
I am using dried king bolete mushrooms (also known as penny bun) in this recipe but you can use any mushrooms you like or want. The thing is that the king bolete mushrooms give the best taste to this sauce, especially if they are dried.
The aroma is unbelievable, seriously. If you like mushrooms, you will adore this sauce!
If you are not sure what the penny bun mushrooms are click on the link Penny Bun to learn more about this wonderful gift of nature.
If you are ready to start with the recipe, then let's do it! Enjoy the process!
- 2 cups of dried king bolete mushrooms
- 8 tbsp of sour cream
- 2 tbsp of butter (82.5% fat)
- sunflower oil
- sea salt
- Take 2 cups of dried mushrooms and soak them in water in a bowl for 2-3 min.
- Cut them into small pieces and put on a pre-heated frying pan with some sunflower oil on it. Pour some cold water into the frying pan until all the mushrooms are soaked in the liquid. Cook on low heat for a few minutes. Stir from time to time.
- Add 2 tbsp of butter (82.5% fat) and stir again until the butter melts and mixes with water and oil. Cover the frying-pan with a lid. Continue cooking the mushrooms on low heat for about 15-20 minutes.
- In case if some water has evapourated and the mushrooms are not soaked in the liquid, add some more water. The key to the sauce is to wait until the mushrooms release their own 'juice'. It will result into a more viscous and less clear/transparent sauce. You will notice that.
- Now add 8 tbsp of sour cream into the mushrooms and stir well. Cover with a lid and cook for 3-4 more minutes.
- Now that the sauce is ready, pour it into a bowl or a special sauce-pan and sprinkle some sea salt over it. Serve hot with meats, potatoes, kremzliki etc.
- Enjoy your meal! Feel the pleasure and love! Hope you enjoyed the cooking. Thank you! See you in a while!
Return From Creamy Mushroom Sauce To Healthy Vegetarian Recipes
Return From Creamy Mushroom Sauce To Home Page