Ukrainian Jacket Potato Recipe
Hello everybody and welcome! This is a Ukrainian-style jacket potato recipe. Now I am going to guide you step by step on how to make this really simple dish. Make yourself at home and enjoy!Before we start:
Potato is one of the most popular food crops. Others are rice, maize and wheat. Potato is a relatively 'young' crop comparing to its older friends such as rice. It has been introduced about four centuries ago.
Nowadays, it is used very widely in most cuisines around the world. It very popular in Europe and America, however, it is less popular in Asia.
We all eat or at least tried this vegetable and most of us love it. But did you know what good things potatoes have? Did you ever wonder about their nutritional content, not just the taste?
Potatoes have a strong nutritional profile:
- high in carbohydrates (provide energy)
- vitamin C (45% of RDA)
- Potassium (18 % of RDA)
- vitamin B6 (10% of RDA)
- traces of thiamin, riboflavin, folate, niacin, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Iron, Zinc
As you can see, potatoes are woth including in your diet. Despite all the claims about the high starch content in potatoes, they should be eaten, but in moderation. This is true for any food. Never eat too much of any food and never overeat!
The problems that some people get from potatoes are not due to the starch. They are rather due to the form in which potatoes are consumed.
You see, nowadays potatoes are very often used to make chips in fast food restaurants or even at home. People eat them and then complain that they gain weight and so on. They blame the potatoes for this and that's how they get the negative reputation.
In reality, the problem is that the poatato is deep fried in huge amounts of oil. It is that oil that causes the problems.
My message to you is that if you cook potato in a healthy way it will be healthy for you. It even sounds obvious, doesn't it?
Basically, this is the reason I wanted to share with you this Ukrainian-style jacket potato recipe.
It is the healthiest way of cooking potato together with the traditional jacket potatoes. The special thing about this Ukrainian-style jacket potato recipe is that you dont bake the potato in its skin but you boil it.
In Ukraine this is called potato 'mundir'. We often eat it with marinated herring. It's yummy! You can eat it with whatever you like. Let your imagination tell you.
This Ukrainian-style jacket potato is also a great meal if you had a food poisoning because it is very light.
Anyway, I hope that you will enjoy the recipe! Are you ready? Let's get started then!
Remember to send love to every single ingredient while cooking. By sending love to the food, you will receive love back as well. As a result, the food will become more tasty and healthier for you! Simple but it is true!
So keep a smile on your face while cooking and enjoy the process!
- 5 potatoes
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Take 5 potatoes and put them into a saucepan. Pour some water so that it completely covers the potato. Put it on medium heat and cook for approximately 20 minutes. Poke the poatatoes with a knife - they should be soft everywhere.
- Drain off the water and remove the skin from the potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes into small square pieces. You can use a knife or a special cutter (the one you can see on the picture).
- Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil, some sea salt and black pepper. Mix everything well. Serve hot or cold with a slice of meat, canned salmon, cod liver or even on its own.
- Enjoy your meal and bon appetit! Send love to the food while eating and feel the pleasure! Thank you!
Return From Jacket Potato Recipe To Healthy Vegetarian Recipes
Return From Jacket Potato Recipe to Home Page