the classic breakfast in many countries
Hello everybody and welcome! This is a traditional porridge recipe with yoghurt. Now I am going to guide you step by step on how to cook this healthy breakfast. Make yourself at home and enjoy!Before we start:
As you probably know, breakfasts are very important for our health and vitality because they are the kick-off of our day. A lot of scientists say that breakfast is the most important meal throughout the day and that one can not have lunch or supper, but breakfast is a must.
To be honest, I don't agree with that completely and I think that all the meals are very important but breakfast is especially important.And when it comes to breakfast there is a range of foods that we usually eat. One such food is the oat porridge.
I thought that a porridge is a must in our breakfast meals. Despite, a lot of people know how to cook porridge, some don't.In this porridge recipe I actually wanted to include the ideas on what we can add to porridge in order to make it 'more exciting' i.e some extra ingredients.
This is the longer way of making porridge and is the traditional one. You can also find a quick porridge recipe on our website, which doesn't require the boiling of the oats at all and takes about 5 minutes.
Anyway, it's time to cook and learn some ways of making the traditional porridge more exciting and even more wonderful. Are you ready? Let's get started then!
As always, send love to every little piece of food while you are cooking. Smile and cook in a positive mood and with positive thinking because food absorbs the energy we release. Therefore, be positive and enjoy. You will find the food so tasty and it will be even healthier - it really works!
- porridge oats (100% rolled oats/jumbo oats)
- probiotic yoghurt
- ground cinnamon
- pure cocoa powder
- First, pour some water into a saucepan, put it on a stove on medium heat and bring it to the boil.
- When the water starts boiling pour in some porridge oats, depending on how much you want to cook. But bear in mind that when you cook the oats you get double the amount of the raw oats because they absorb the water.
Use rolled oats or jumbo oats rather than ground oats. Boil the oats until you see bubbles appearing. After the bubbles appeared, boil it for 3 more minutes.
- Remove the porridge from the stove and pour the water out if you want the porridge without excess water. Pour the porridge into a bowl. Sprinkle some cinnamon, pure cocoa powder and raisins. Put some cold probiotic youghurt on the porridge and enjoy.
- This is only one of the many ingredients you can add to porridge to 'spice it up'. Delicious alternatives include banana, grated apple, strawberry/raspberry jam, walnuts, honey. Make a combination that you like most!
- Enjoy your breakfast and stay healthy! Love the food, send love to it and you'll get the most benefit from it!
Return From Porridge Recipe To Healthy Breakfast Recipes
Return From Porridge Recipe To Home Page