Roasted Rabbit Recipe:
Mayonnaise And Vegetable Marinated
Hello everybody and welcome! This is a roasted rabbit recipe with yummy homemade mayonnaise. Now I am going to guide you step by step on how to cook this tasty dish. Make yourself at home and enjoy!Before we start:
Rabbits are eaten in most parts of the world, including Europe and North America. They are known for their high-quality meat, which is very rich in protein.
In fact, protein from rabbits' meat has the highest biological/nutritional value compared to other meats. It is absorbed much better than any other type of meat and it is very lean - just like chicken.
In the culinary world, rabbit meat is often used in the same way as chicken. So, basically, you can cook a rabbit using the same recipes as you are using for chicken and vice versa.
The rabbit recipe we are going to go through now is not an exception, even though when I found it on the web, it said that it is purely a 'rabbit recipe'.
It is not complicated and uses just a few ingredients such as carrots, onions, which add some juice and flavour to the meat, as well as some spices.
When I was cooking a rabbit, I used a Fryer rabbit i.e. a small and young rabbit. This is because its meat is the most tender and when you cook it, it beacomes so soft that it melts in your mouth (not literally of course :).
But even if you use an older rabbit the meat should become soft in the end because in this rabbit recipe we are marinating it in mayonnaise (mayonnaise makes meat more tender).
There are dozens of other rabbit recipes and this one is just one of the possible ways to cook a rabbit. My family and I tried a few different ways of cooking rabbit meat and, in fact, each of them was good in its own way.
Therefore, I suggest that you try all sorts of ways of cooking rabbits and you can start with this rabbit recipe.
Another recipe that I really like and recommend is a rabbit cooked is sour cream sauce. It is really nice! I promise that I will update this recipe as well so that you can compare and decide which suits you best.
Anyway, lets get back to the actual rabbit recipe with mayonnaise and give it a go! By the way, just in case you are worried about the mayonnaise in this recipe because of high fat content etc.
We are going to use homemade mayonnaise which is actually healthy for you and very nutritious. The majority of fat is not saturated but it's rather the healthy unsaturated one.
So, let's start and I hope you will enjoy the cooking!
Remember to send love a to every piece of food when you are cooking! Cook with positive thoughts in your mind and enjoy the moment because cooking is a way of relaxation, calmness, joy and self-expression!
Anyway, too much talking from me, let's actually start! :)
- 1 small rabbit
- homemade mayonnaise (from 4 eggs)
- 6 carrots
- 5 onions
- sunflower oil
- red pepper
- black pepper
- First, take the whole rabbit and soak it in a bowl of cold water. Leave it for 30 minutes to get the meat 'cleaned'.
- Take the rabbit out and put it on a cutting board. Chop it into average-sized pieces and put them in a deep bowl. Take the homemade mayonnaise (from 4 eggs) and pour it over the meat.
Note: To go to the recipe of homemade mayonnaise click here. You will be directed to salad olivier recipe. The mayonnaise recipe will be further to the end of the page. Use the instructions but using 4 egg yolks.
- Use a wooden spoon or your hands to mix the meat with the mayonnaise thoroughly. Sprinkle some dried basil, rosemary, red pepper, black pepper and salt over the meat. Mix everything well. Cover with a lid and leave the meat in the marinade for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat an oven at 180 degrees.
- Wash and peel 6 carrots and 5 onions. Grate the carrots into a bowl and cut the onions into thin circles.
- Take a baking dish and cover the bottom with the onion circles. Pour some sunflower oil over it.
- Now, spinkle the grated carrots over the onions evenly. Take the marinated pieces of meat and put them on top of the vegetables. If there is some marinade left in the bowl, pour it over the meat.
Note: I suggest that you use a bigger/deeper baking dish than I did because, as you can see on the picture, it is well higher than the sides if the dish. This is no good because you will get the mayonnaise all over the oven.
- Put the rabbit into the preheated oven and cook for 1 hour 30 minutes at 180 degrees. When it's ready, take out of the oven and serve hot. The roasted rabbit tastes really well with rice e.g. chinese fried rice, but you can also enjoy it with any garnish or even on its own!
- Enjoy your meal! Send love to the food when eating and feel the pleasure! Hope you enjoyed the cooking! Thank you!
Return From Rabbit Recipe To Healthy Meal Recipes
Return Rabbit Recipe To Home Page