Milky Rice Porridge
Hello everybody and welcome! This is a recipe of milky rice porridge. Now I am going to guide you step by step on how to cook this beautiful rice dish. Make yourself at home and enjoy!Before we start:
When it comes to breakfast you want to eat something that will give you quality long-term energy. It has to keep you energetic and going for a long period of time.
To get this result, breakfast should be high in calories, but that is not all. And what kind of calories you need? That's right, you can't just load yourself with any high-calorie food and assume that it will do much good for you.
Remember, that the calories should come from high-quality nutritional foods. Furthermore, to get a long-term energy release from your breakfast you need to eat low GI foods (Glycemic Index).
This, basically, means foods that increase the blood sugar levels gradually and to a smaller extent. The opposite of this would be high GI foods and the best example is table sugar. As you eat it, you feel great for a period of ten minutes but afterwards your energy levels slump.
Good low GI foods include different types of grains and rice is one of them. This is why I think that rice porridge is worth including in your breakfast meal plan. It is one of those foods that will give you long-term energy.
The milky rice porridge described in this recipe is a good combination of carbohydrates, from rice, and proteins from rice and milk. It is important that in every meal of the day you consume both carbohydrates and proteins to ensure a balanced diet and good health.
This has been my favourite type of porridge since childhood and I love when my mother cooks it for me. I hope you will like it as well. The only thing is that it takes quite a while to make it comparing to other breakfasts but it is certainly worth it.
Anyway, I hope you are all excited and ready for cooking? Let's get started!
Remember to send love to every single ingredient while cooking. By sending love to the food, you will receive love back as well. As a result, the food will become more tasty and healthier for you! Simple but it is true!
So keep a smile on your face while cooking and enjoy the process!
- 1/2 cup of white rice
- 600 ml of milk
- 1 tsp of butter (82.5% fat)
- 1 tbsp of cane sugar
- Pour 600 ml of milk into a saucepan and bring it to the boil.
- Pour 1/2 cup (1/2 of a 250 ml cup) of white rice into the boiling milk and whisk it.
- Keep cooking the rice for 30 minutes on low heat. Stir from time to time in order to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the saucepan.
- When the rice porridge is ready (it should become thick, a bit like pudding) add 1 teaspoon of pure full fat butter and 1 tablespoon of cane sugar and mix well. Pour some porridge into a bowl and serve hot.
- Enjoy your meal and bon appetit! Send love to the food while eating and get the most pleasure from it! Thank you!
Return From Rice Porridge To Healthy Breakfast Recipes
Return From Rice Porridge To Home Page