Salad Olivier - French idea became a Russian tradition
Hello everybody and welcome! This is a recipe of salad Olivier. Now I am going to guide you step by step on how to cook this nutritious meat salad. Make yourself at home and enjoy!Before we start:
Salad Olivier is known worldwide and it has a reputation of being a Russian salad. In fact, it was invented by a French man called Olivier. He was a chief in one of the restaurants in Moscow.
The recipe of the salad was kept seceret for a long time.Today's recipes of the 'French' salad are very modified and nobody yet knows what the original version is.
This salad is popular almost everywhere around the world. However, it is most popular in Russia. There, it is a 'must' dish on any special occasion.
I come from Ukraine, so I know how popular the salad is in Russia. By the way, it is the same in Ukraine! :)
So I decided to share with you my recipe of this salad so that you can try it yourself with all the ingredients totally natural. We are even going to make our own mayonnaise!
Anyway, I am sure you will like it. So let's get started!
Remember to send love to every little ingredient while cooking and you will get the most benefit from the food! By sending love, you will receive love back as well! The food will become more tasty and also healthier for you!
So keep a nice smile on your face, think positively and enjoy!
- 4-5 potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1 chicken breast
- home-made mayonnaise (ingredients below)
- Wash 4-5 potatoes and put them into a bowl with cold water. Cook them for approximately 20 minutes. When they become soft they are ready. You can poke them with a knife to see whether they are soft or not.
- Boil 2 eggs for 4 minutes. Cool them down in cold water and remove the shell.
- Put 1 raw chicken breast into a bowl with water and cook it for about 30 minutes on middle heat. It should turn white both outside and inside, then it’s ready. You might want to cut the breast into two pieces so that it gets cooked quicker.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into square pieces into a bowl.
- Cut the boiled eggs into square pieces in the same way as you did with the potatoes. Put them into the bowl as well.
- Cut the cooked chicken breast into small pieces and put them into the bowl. Mix everything together.
- Now is time to make the yummy mayonnaise. Don’t worry, it is not rocket science. You will need: 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon of mustard powder, 1 tablespoon of vinegar, black pepper, salt, sunflower oil.
First, take two raw eggs and separate the egg yolks. Put them into a bowl. Add some black pepper and salt, depending on your taste. Also add 1 teaspoon of mustard powder and 1 tablespoon of vinegar. Use a mixer to mix it all together. After 1/2 a minute start pouring sunflower oil with a very small stream into the mixture while the mixer is mixing it.
Keep pouring the oil until you see that the mayonnaise becomes thick. It is ready now.
- Finally, add some mayonnaise (depending on how much you want and like) into the mixed potatoes, eggs and chicken. Mix everything well and add some salt and pepper if you wish.
- Enjoy! Be happy!
Return From Salad Olivier To Healthy Meal Recipes
Return From Salad Olivier To Home Page