Ukrainian Schnitzel Recipe
Hello everybody and welcome! This is a Ukrainian schnitzel recipe. Now I am going to guide you step by step on how to cook this simple, tasty dish. Make yourself at home and enjoy!Before we start:
Schnitzel is a very popular dish and is a very simple one. It is claimed that it originated in Austria. People say that if you want to try the original recipe of this dish you should go to Vienna.
However, others say that schnitzel actually came to Austria from Italy. The original Viennese schnitzel is made of veal but, nowadays, there are a lot of other types.
In this Ukrainian schnitzel recipe we will use chicken breast as it is more lean and has much less fat in it. In Ukraine, we often use pork as well but my favourite type is the chicken schnitzel.
Hang on, you might think why do I call it a Ukrainian schnitzel recipe? Well, to be honest, there is very little difference between the Austrian schnitzel and Ukrainian schnitzel. You can say that there is no difference at all except for the fact that in my family we use chicken breast instead of veal.
In fact, there are about 35 variations of schnitzel in different countries around the world but they all use the same principle of cooking it. The names of the dish differ in every country e.g. in Ukraine it is called 'vidbivna'.
Nevertheless, I think that whatever type of schnitzel it is, it is a good, simple dish and a high-protein source. It is easy and quick to make and can be enjoyed with anything or even on its own. Furthermore, using chicken breast makes it lower in calories and fat.
So are you ready for the schnitzel journey? Ok, let's start then!
Remember to send love to every single ingredient while cooking. By sending love to the food, you will receive love back as well. As a result, the food will become more tasty and healthier for you! Simple but it is true!
So keep a smile on your face while cooking and enjoy the process!
- chicken breast
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of wheatflour
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- sunflower oil
- black pepper
- Take a few chicken breasts, depending on how many schnitzels you want to make, and pound them into about 1cm thick pieces using a meat hammer.
- Take 2 eggs and pour them into a deep plate. Whisk the eggs thoroughly using a whisk or a fork. The substance should become yellow and even.
- Take a piece of aluminium foil and put it on the surface where you are cooking so that it's convenient for you. Take about 1 cup of breadcrumbs and pour them on the foil. Take about 1 cup of wheatflour and pour it on the foil next to the breadcrumbs.
Mix some salt and black pepper into the wheatflour.
- Preheat a frying pan and pour some sunflower oil on it, so that it just covers the surface of the frying pan.
- Now take the pounded chicken breast and put it on the flour, one side first and then the other side. Dip the meat in the beaten eggs and, finally, put it on the breadcrumbs, one side first and then the other side.
- Put the piece of chicken breast on the preheated frying pan and fry it for 1-1.5 minutes on each side on medium heat. Repeat the same with the rest of the meat.
- Put the schnitzel on a plate and serve hot. It tastes great with fresh vegetables. Try it with tomatoes and fresh parsley or even on its own as a high-protein snack.
- Enjoy your meal and be happy! Love the food, send love to it and feel the pleasure in every bite! Thank you!
Return From Ukrainian Schnitzel Recipe To Healthy Meal Recipes
Return From Ukrainian Schnitzel Recipe To Home Page