Seafood Spaghetti With Spicy Tomato Sauce
Hello everybody and welcome! This is a recipe of seafood spaghetti in a spicy tomato sauce. Now I am going to guide you step by step on how to cook this delicious Italian dish. Make yourself at home and enjoy!Before we start:
Spaghetti is one of the Italian types of pasta. It is characterized by a long, thin, cylindrical shape. Being a symbol of Italian cuisine it is commonly served with different sauces.
Probably the most common type is spaghetti bolognese, which is spaghetti combined with minced meat.
The dish I would like to share with you now is the seafood spaghetti. First time I tried it when I was in Rome. I loved it so much that when I came back home I tried making it by myself. Although, I made some additions to the recipe I have seen in Rome.
In this recipe we will combine the seafood with a pure tomato sauce and some aromatic spices such as garlic, basil etc. To make it spicy we will add some cayenne chili pepper. A-hh, it's going to be nice!
Adding some dishes from various cuisines into your meal routine is good because it will make your diet more exciting and colourful.
Except for being tasty, this dish is very nutritious as well. Spaghetti is a good source of complex carbohydrates which will provide you with energy for a long period of time.
Seafood is high in protein as well as important minerals such as Zinc, Selenium and Iodine. Including it in moderate amounts in your diet will contribute to the overall health of your body and mind.
However, as I said, seafood should be consumed in moderate amounts because it contains mercury which is a toxic element to our body. Just don't eat it every day and you will be fine.
So are you ready for the recipe? OK, let's start!
Remember to send love to every single ingredient while cooking. By sending love to the food, you will receive love back as well. As a result, the food will become more tasty and healthier for you! Simple but it is true!
So keep a smile on your face while cooking and enjoy the process!
- 200 g of Italian spaghetti
- 400 g of mixed seafood (shrimp, mussels, squid, clams etc.)
- 500 ml of tomato paste
- 5 tbsp of olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 tsp of basil
- 3 tsp of dill
- 1.5 tsp of cayenne chili pepper
- black pepper
- Defrost 400 grams of mixed seafood. Pour 1 liter of water into a bowl and bring it to the boil. Pour the mixed seafood into the boiling water and cook for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- When the seafood is cooked, drain off the water and set it aside for a while.
- Take 500 ml of pure tomato paste (with no additives) and pour it into a frying pan. Add about 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and stir. Put the frying pan on medium heat and wait for a few minutes until you see the paste starts cooking. (small bubbles will appear)
- Pour the cooked seafood into the frying pan. Add 4 cloves of squeezed garlic, 3 teaspoons of dried basil, 3 teaspoons of dried dill, 1.5 teaspoons of dried cayenne chili pepper and some black pepper.
Stir everything thoroughly so that it becomes even. Cook on medium heat for 3-5 minutes stirring from time to time. Cover with a lid when it's ready to keep it hot.
- Pour 2 liters of water into a bowl and bring it to the boil. Add 200 grams of Italian spaghetti and stir a bit. Cook the spaghetti for 11 minutes. For best results check the cooking time on the pack of spaghetti you are using - it may differ sometimes.
- When the spaghetti is ready, drain off the water.
- Pour the spaghetti into a deep bowl. Pour all the seafood sauce into the bowl as well. Add some salt and mix everything well with a big wooden spoon. Put some seafood spaghetti on a plate and enjoy while hot.
Suggestion: You can also top it with some grated parmesan cheese and enjoy it with a rocket salad (rucola) with balsamic vinegar and pumpkin seed oil.
- Enjoy your meal and bon appetit! Send love to the food and feel the pleasure! Thank you!
Return From Seafood Spaghetti To Healthy Meal Recipes
Return From Seafood Spaghetti To Home Page