Strawberry Tiramisu Recipe
Hello everybody and welcome! This is a strawberry tiramisu recipe. Now I am going to guide you step by step on how to make this beautiful Italian dessert. Make yourself at home and enjoy!Before we start:
Tiramisu is a dessert that, I guess, everyone would like to try. Some people have tried it already and some have never heard of it before. If that is the case for you, don't worry, because you won't be disappointed.
Tiramisu originated in Italy and just like most of the Italian desserts it has a luxurious taste. When I went to Rome I tried different desserts but tiramisu was undoubtedly number one for me.
What makes this dessert so delicious is the successful combination of the ingredients. They all fit together perfectly.
Probably the key ingredient that gives tiramisu its softness is mascarpone cheese. It is also known as a triple-cream. It is extremely creamy but at the same time it is very fat as well. So don't overindulge yourself with this dessert. A little bit and sometimes is good.
My mother and I were making this dessert for quite a long time. One day my mum got an idea which sounded brilliant to me. She said that we should try adding some fruit into tiramisu, such as strawberry.
That is how this srawberry tiramisu recipe appeared. The great thing about it is that the freshness of the strawberries balances out the creaminess of the dessert. As a result, tiramisu becomes even more pleasant and tasty.
Furthermore, the nutritional value of tiramisu increases. Strawberries add a lot of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants etc.
I hope that you will enjoy this tiramisu recipe. If you want to try the original tiramisu do everything the same but exclude the strawberries.
So are you ready for the journey? OK, let's get started!
Remember to send love to every single ingredient while cooking. By sending love to the food, you will receive love back as well. As a result, the food will become more tasty and healthier for you! Simple but it is true!
So keep a smile on your face while cooking and enjoy the process!
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tbsp of vanilla sugar
- 250g of mascarpone cheese
- 200ml of milk
- 5 tbsp of amaretto
- 50ml of coffee
- 100-150g of strawberries
- 32-36 ladyfingers (savoiardi biscuits)
- cocoa powder
- Mix 3 egg yolks with 3 tablespoons of sugar and 1 tablespoon of vanilla sugar using a mixer.
- Add 250 grams of mascarpone cheese into the egg yolks and mix everything until even and smooth.
- In a seperate bowl whisk 3 egg whites until stiff.
- Add the egg whites to the mascarpone-egg cream. Mix everything slowly until smooth. Note: don't mix quickly because the cream won't be airy and tender anymore
- In another bowl mix 50ml of coffee, 200ml of milk and 5 tablespoons of amaretto (a kind of drink).
- Wash 100-150 grams of strawberries and cut them into flat pieces. Set aside for a while.
- Take each ladyfinger biscuit and soak it in the amaretto-coffee-milk liquid. Put it in a baking dish. Repeat the same with 15 more biscuits so that you get the first layer (2x8 biscuits).
Pour some cream (mascarpone-eggs) over the biscuits. Spread evenly with a wooden spoon.
- Take half of the strawberries and put them on top of the cream to cover the whole cake.
- Soak another 16 biscuits in amaretto-milk-coffee liquid. Put them on top of the strawberries in the same way you did for layer 1. Pour some cream on top and spread evenly.
- Put the rest of the strawberries on top. Break the rest of the ladyfingers into 2-3 pieces each and soak them in the amaretto liquid, if any left. Put them randomly on top of strawberries.
- Pour the leftovers of the cream on top and spread evenly. Put tiramisu into the fridge for 12-24 hours, so that the ladyfingers absorb some cream and become soft.
- Take it out of the fridge and sprinkle with pure dark cocoa powder. Serve cold.
- Enjoy and bon appetit! Send love to the food and be happy! Thank you!
Return From Strawberry Tiramisu Recipe To Healthy Dessert Recipes
Return From Strawberry Tiramisu Recipe To Home Page