Udon Noodles: with asparagus and parmesan cheese
Hello everybody and welcome! This is a recipe of Udon noodles. Now I am going to guide you step by step on how to cook this Asian food. Make yourself at home and enjoy!Before we start:
Udon noodles are a type of Japanese noodles, but they are commonly used in Chinese cuisine as well. Actually, they are popular in many parts of Asia.
There are about eleven different types of these Japanese noodles. Each type is slightly different in taste or consistency.However, the common thing that makes them unique is their special consistency and structure.
The type that I am using in this recipe is the brown rice noodles. When I first bought them, I didn't even know what kind of noodles they were. They just looked nice and I felt that they were some sort of Asian noodles. (I was planning to buy Asian noodles beforehand so I bought these)
Anyway, I took those Japanese noodles and switched into 'creativity mode'. This is when I am eager to create some new recipes that I have never tried before.
A few days ago my mother bought some canned white asparagus. So I decided that it would taste very well with noodles and some spices and probably a bit of cheese on top.
That is how this recipe was created. It took me less than 30 minutes to make it and my mum and myself really enjoyed it.
In fact, the most pleasure came from the fact that I just made it by using passion and a bit of creativity. I really recommend to you to try developing your own recipes - 'freestyle' as I call it. It is so much fun!
Anyway, that is the recipe. Very simple. Some spices added, a bit of parmesan cheese and a delicious dinner is ready.
So, are you ready for the cooking? OK, let's start!
- brown rice udon noodles
- canned white asparagus
- parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp of butter (full fat)
- 1 clove of garlic
- mixed Italian spices
- First, bring 2 litres of water to the boil, add noodles and stir. Cook them for 6-8 minutes.
Note: I am using Clearspring organic brown rice udon noodles. If you are using any other type of noodles, I suggest that you check the time that they need to be cooked. It usually says the cooking time at the back of the noodles pack.
- When the noodles are ready, drain them and rinse under a tap.
- Put the noodles into a deep bowl. Squeeze 1 clove of fresh garlic into the noodles. Add 1 tablespoon of butter (82.5% fat) and mix everything well.
- Put the noodles on a plate. Grate some parmesan cheese on top and sprinkle with mixed Italian spices. Take a few pieces of canned white asparagus and put them on top.
Note: Make sure that there are no additives or preservatives in the canned asparagus.
- Enjoy your meal! Send love to your food, smile and be happy! I hope you enjoyed the cooking! Thank you very much!
Return From Udon Noodles With Asparagus To Asian Recipes
Return From Udon Noodles With Asparagus To Home Page